Chewelah, WA US 99109
Join us for the first annual FREEBIRD RAMBLE skimo race and relay.
Hosted by Rambleraven Gear Trader and 49° North Mountain Resort.
Participants will begin at the main lodge and skin to the summit where they will transition to downhill mode and ski down to the finish line. Multi lap and relay participants will then traverse through the transition area before beginning their subsequent lap(s).
- The uphill route starts at the main lodge and follows Portal to Silver Ridge to the Summit.
- Uphill stats: 2.3 miles long with a vertical gain of 1860ft
- Downhill route: Racer’s choice back to the lodge
- Multi-lap participants will begin with a mass start at 9:00am
- Single lap participants can join the mass start or begin their lap at any time between 9:00am and 2:30pm.
- Same day registration is only available for single lap participants
- A secure transition area will be provided for individual multi-lap participants
- There will be three timing gates: One at the start of the race, a second at the exit of the transition area at the summit, and a third at the finish line
- Concessions and restrooms will be available in the lodge
- There will be a vendor area where you can demo gear and talk to reps from our favorite brands
- We will be sending out email updates as we get closer to race day
- Age, gender, and equipment specific categories, as well as prizes, will be determined based on the number of participants
- Packet Pickup and transition area setup will begin at 8:00 am on race day. We may host an early packet pickup at Rambleraven Gear Trader in Spokane, details TBD
- Relay teams are required to provide a volunteer for a 2 hour shift during race day.