We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Sales Associate to join our team. They will help drive sales through customer engagement and sharing of product knowledge so that customers can make informed and confident purchases. They will also assist in merchandising, organizing, and cleaning the store to maintain a pleasant customer-facing space as well as functional backstock and storage areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Greet and engage with customers in a friendly manner
- Assist customers with any shopping needs, including answering questions, providing guidance where appropriate, locating merchandise, answering the phone, and assisting with special orders
- Operate POS in-store and process online orders for pick-up or shipping (including sales, exchanges, and returns)
- Maintain storeroom by restocking product, performing regular cleaning and organizing, and creating cohesive and visually appealing displays
- Accept, price, and process consignment items according to company standards
- Monitor showroom floor and alert other staff or managers of potential security or safety hazards
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND SOFT SKILLS
- Must be driven, focused, and detail-oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must have exceptional people skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work a POS and inventory system, as well as have adequate computer skills
- Must have some relevant gear knowledge and the ability and desire to expand that knowledge
- Must be able to self-motivate and diagnose areas where improvement or further knowledge is necessary
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must be able to work 2 days a week minimum in Spokane, WA. No remote option available. Must be able to work some weekends.
- A combination of sedentary work as well as physical activity such as walking/movement around the business, offsite venues, and outdoors. Lifting and/or moving objects up to 25 pounds. Typical tasks require the ability to actively work in outdoor areas and indoor building spaces.
- Must be at least 18
- Pay starting at $17/hr with regular raises based on performance
- Part-time or full-time employment available
- Employee pricing and professional discounts on all new and used gear
- Free or discounted passes for partner ski hills and climbing gyms
- Future growth opportunities available
WHO WE ARE
Rambleraven Gear Trader is a growing new and used outdoor retailer located in Spokane, WA. We provide a local resource for selling and consigning gently used outdoor gear and apparel. In addition to retail sales, we have a growing rental fleet and an evolving ecommerce site. We also perform service and maintenance on bikes, skis, and other outdoor equipment.